Jaye L. Knight’s newest novel, Samara’s Peril, has been released! Samara’s Peril is the third book in the Christian fantasy series, Ilyon Chronicles. Read about it below and be sure to check out the other blog stops on the tour by visiting the official tour page. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
About the Book
When news arrives that Emperor Daican has been in contact with his chief war strategist, it signals potential doom for the country of Samara. Determined to intervene, the resistance in Landale, headed by Lady Anne, embark on a covert mission in hopes of unearthing further information. However, a shocking discovery leads to complications no one could have foreseen.
Armed with their newfound knowledge, they set out for Samara to warn the king. War is inevitable, and they must face two desperate battles—one on the walls of Samara’s great stronghold, and the other on the battlefield of Jace’s heart, where victory might only be achievable through great sacrifice.
Available now on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks! Add to Goodreads
I can't tell you how much I looked forward to reading this book. Jace has found his way onto the list of my favorite characters and I probably would have read this book if it were just about his daily life, with nothing else going on. But instead, we get to see Jace fall back into some of this darkest moments and how Elon saves him.
Jace's story is a powerful one about what it looks like to be completely broken and what it means to be completely forgiven. I can't wait to see where the story goes from here and can only hope it will be just as good.
There are some things I wish had been different. In a book where the Savior makes an appearance, I had hoped that he would have taken on a more prominent place in the story itself. Whenever Elon was mentioned, I kept hoping that this band of main characters would have taken on a discipleship role, yet the story takes the characters elsewhere. I also felt like there started to be a few too many characters for me to keep track of, though that did seem to enhance some of the story's epic scope.
The last quarter of the book is a rather intense battle, one that will keep you wondering if your favorites are going to make it and how much the survivors will have lost. But I guess you will have to read it to find out.
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
About the Author
Jaye L. Knight is an award-winning author, homeschool graduate, and shameless tea addict with a passion for Christian fantasy. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She has been penning stories since the age of eight and resides in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
You can connect with Jaye on her website, blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Etsy.
Share in the excitement of the release and enter to win a themed giveaway pack! Prizes include an autographed copy of Samara’s Peril, a John 3:16 necklace by FaithWearDesigns, and a green wire dragon bookmark by Wirelings! (Giveaway is open to US residents only. Cannot be shipped internationally.)
Friday, May 13
- Tour Introduction at Jaye L. Knight
- Review at Pencils Can Change the World
- Book Spotlight at Fictionally
- Review and Author Interview at Written Rest
- Review at However Improbable
- Review at Meagan Davenport
- Review and Excerpt at Gabrielle-Soli Deo Gloria
Saturday, May 14
- Author Interview and Excerpt at And Then There Were Three
- Review and Author Interview at Lakeside Publications
- Review and Author Interview at Reviews by Soleil
- Review and Author Interview at Red Lettering
- Author Interview at alivemasterpiece
- Review at Sutori no Hana
- Book Spotlight at Fishing For Ideas
Sunday, May 15
- Review and Excerpt at Melody Jackson, Author
- Book Spotlight at God's Peculiar Treasure Rae
- Review at The World Of The Writer
- Review and Author Interview at Running In His Reign
- Review and Excerpt at Inklings and Notions
- Review at My Bookcase and I
Monday, May 16
- Review at Reality Calling
- Review at Backing Books
- Review and Excerpt at Haddie's Haven
- Book Spotlight and Excerpt at Rachel Rossano's Words
- Review and Excerpt at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
- Review and Author Interview at A Heart Redeemed
Tuesday, May 17
- Review and Author Interview at Reading Anyone
- Review and Author Interview at Honey Rock Hills
- Author Interview at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Review at Shire Reviews
- Review and Author Interview at 26CountlessPossibilities
- Excerpt at The Overactive Imagination
Wednesday, May 18
- Review and Excerpt at Thriving Hope
- Book Spotlight at The Destiny of One
- Book Spotlight at Letters from Annie Douglass Lima
- Book Spotlight at The Writer's Window
- Review at To Be A Person
- Author Interview at Leah's Bookshelf
Thursday, May 19
- Review at A Writer's Heart
- Review and Author Interview at Scattered Journal Pages
- Review and Excerpt at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings
- Review and Author Interview at Tricia Mingerink
- Review and Author Interview at The Book Hound
- Review at O. Scarlett! Reviews
- Author Interview at Knitted By God's Plan
Friday, May 20
- Review at Leah's Bookshelf
- Review at Looking Through My Lens
- Review and Author Interview at Zerina Blossom's Books
- Review and Author Interview at The Warrior and the Writer
- Review and Author Interview at Thoughts of Anna S. Brie
Saturday, May 21
- Tour Conclusion at Jaye L. Knight