Monday, June 19, 2017

52 Amazing Things That Became True of You the Moment You Trusted Christ- Stephen Kuhn

My Rating: 3 Stars

Description: The Bible uses many different words to describe what happens to people when they trust Christ. The most common phrase is "in Christ." But what exactly does that mean? This compact book unpacks 52 key verses from Scripture that reveal God's answer to the question of a Christian's true identity. Here is a unique, one-of-kind collection with in-depth commentary and life application insight to help readers discover the full depth of what God has already changed in believers. Changes that are already done.

My Thoughts: The nice thing about this book in the chapter lengths. Most are two-two and a half pages, making each one manageable and easy to get through. This makes it a nice gift for those who don't normally read non-fiction.

Personally, I did not find anything earth shattering in this book. The 52 Amazing Things are facts I have been aware of all through my life, having grown up in church. This might be perfect for the newly saved, or even teens who may need a reminder of what Christ has done for them, but it was only okay for me. But there were also a couple chapters which I was not 100% sure that I agreed with his conclusions.

Some chapters were really great. Kuhn used personal examples and analogies in those which I thought were more powerful than the rest of the book because they were his own lived experience with the truth of Christ. If all 52 chapters could have captured that, I think the book would have been a lot more impactful.

I have provided an honest review after receiving an copy of this book from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment