Friday, January 17, 2014

First Date- Krista McGee

My Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  The last thing Addy Davidson wants is to be on a reality TV show where the prize is a prom date with the President's son.

She's focused on her schoolwork so she can get a scholarship to an Ivy League college, uncomfortable in the spotlight, never been on a date, and didn't even audition for it.

But she got selected anyway.

So she does her best to get eliminated on the very first show. Right before she realizes that the President's son is possibly the most attractive guy she has ever seen in person, surprisingly nice, and seemingly unimpressed by the 99 other girls who are throwing themselves at him.

Addy's totally out of her comfort zone but that may be right where God can show her all that she was meant to be

My Thoughts: First Date was a cute read. When I first started reading it, it reminded me of The Selection by Kiera Cass. But I liked it a whole lot more. The President's son was a lot less stuck up and the conflicts made more sense.

The First Date was meant to be a story of Esther, where Addy must decide whether or not she will claim to be a Christian before all of America or keep her faith a secret. I appreciated the struggle, as it is one that I have dealt with in college with many teachers and classmates being firm atheists. The desire to not create waves is a strong one.

Admittedly, I would have preferred it to have had more danger and other physical conflicts. Bur I liked it for what it was.

1 comment:

  1. I really haven't thought about god much and this brought a whole new light into my thoughts and I love things that are like "love" games like these. I fell in love with Johnny boy here and a over all a great book to read.

    ReplyDelete