Monday, April 17, 2017

The Message in a Bottle Romance Collection- Joanne Bischof and others

My Rating: 4 Stars

Description: Join the journey as one word etched in Latin on an ancient bronze bottle travels through the centuries to reach five young women who are struggling to maintain their faith in God and love. An Irish princess, a Scottish story weaver, a Post-Colonial nurse, a cotton mill worker, and a maid who nearly drowned each receive a message from the bottle just when they need their hope restored. But will the bottle also bring them each to a man whose love will endure?

My Thoughts: The collection started out strong with a captivating prologue that had me certain the rest of the stories would be spell binding. Unfortunately, after that, the collection started out a bit rocky, though it did get better as the stories progressed.

The first novella in the collection, The Distant Tide, was my least favorite of the stories. The characters' motivations lacked much conflict and I felt that the Message Bottle played an insignificant role in the plot.

The second story was better, the Message Bottle was more prominent and I like the characters better, however it was with the third story that I really started liking the collection. Those last few stories felt far more believable and the settings were more immersive. Though not my favorite romance anthology, I believe this one is still worth the read if you happen to come across it.

I have provided an honest review after having received an ecopy from the publisher through Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment