Friday, December 20, 2019

Thirst- Jill Williamson

My Rating: 5 Stars

Description: A waterborne disease has sprung up in every corner of the globe, decimating the human race. Seventeen-year-old Eli McShane and his friends flee the chaos and violence in Phoenix and journey north toward the rumored location of a safe water source. They add several to their number, including a mysterious girl named Hannah, who, unknown to Eli, is being hunted by a dangerous man. Desperation brings out the worst in many of the travelers, infecting even those closest to Eli. When division comes, will he be able to hold his group together or will each fall victim to their own thirst for survival?

My Thoughts: What a great prequel. I had loved The Safe Lands trilogy, but admittedly never cared about what happened before that. However, once I saw that Jill was going to finish and publish Thirst, I decided to give it a try, and I am so glad that I did!

When the world as they know it starts to end, Eli and his friends are oblivious for two full weeks. By the time they realize what is happening, the fight for survival is already in full swing. I loved this concept and enjoyed seeing Eli react in the moment, while still unsure if he should believe what he's seeing.

Eli steps up pretty quickly and cobbles together a way to take care of everyone with him, even when those people argue at every turn. I related a lot with Eli's planning methods and his frustration at having to be the leader, especially when no one wanted to listen to him.

Despite my irritation with a certain character at the end, <spoiler> Jaylee needs to leave Eli alone! </spoiler>, I'm super excited for the next book and wish that it wasn't going end after just one more.

I have provided an honest review after having received an ecopy from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment