Thursday, January 24, 2013

Betrayal- Robin Lee Hatcher

My Rating: 3 stars

Description: It's the turn of the twentieth century and drifter Hugh Brennan is a man well acquainted with betrayal. Hugh finds himself drawn to the attractive widow, Julia, yet when he looks into her eyes, he recognizes the same hurt that haunts him. Julia Grace has little reason to trust men, but she's going to have to trust someone if she's to keep her ranch from the clutches of her dead husband's half-brother. Is it possible God had a hand in bringing Hugh to her door? The latest historical romance from award-winning author Robin Lee Hatcher and the second book in the Where the Heart Lives series, Betrayal will take you to the high desert of western Wyoming, through the crags of the Rocky Mountains, and into the hearts of two seekers learning to trust God's love no matter the circumstances.

My Thoughts: Usually I would give Hatcher's books four stars. This time I just could not do that.

As always, Hatcher writes a story with believable characters and honest hurts. However, this book did not have much a climax. I kept waiting for something to happen, for someone to be shot or thrown in jail. Nothing. The hero is accused of a crime but then does not even spend a night in jail. When I got to the end, I could not believe it was done because nothing really happened.

I really liked the first book in the trilogy and I will definitely be reading the next. I just wish this one had lived up to my expectations.



Sister Says: This was the first book I read from this author. I know it is the second one of the series but I really only read it because my older sister asked me to. I don't really know why, but she wanted me to read it and write a review.

I'm actually really glad my sister asked me to because I really liked this book. The characters situations were really interesting in how they were put to use at the end of the story. It really teaches you to share your past hurts and secrets with the people you love so dearly, and that you need to believe that they will accept and love you back anyway. And that no matter what happens God will always be there for you when others aren't.

The only thing I did not like about this book was that I think the writing was a little choppy, and that it switched to much between Hugh and Julia's thoughts. Other than that it was a good and fast read. I finished it in one day:) Hope you all like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment