If you are wondering what the Liebster Award is, the rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Well, I have done 1 and 4 so far. Now on to 2!
The 11 Questions From My Nominee:
1. What are some pet peeves you have when reading a book?
How, that is a good question. I guess that what I hate the most is when the author lists everyone's ages. I once read a book where the author wrote something like this:
"I saw the brothers coming closer. Reggie was twenty-five, tall and muscular. His brothers were Logan, twenty-three, and Sid, Twenty.
Behind them was Cookie, the head cook. At fifty-three and a half, he was lucky to still hold a spoon....ect."
I did not like it.
2. What is your favorite genre?
My favorite genre is fantasy with historical fiction a close second. They go so well together, don't they?
3. Are you participating in any challenges this year?
So far my only challenge is the Goodreads Summer Reading challenge. I have it set at 49 books so far, but it will probably become more.
4. What is your absolute favorite book cover?
Isn't it pretty?!
5. What is your favorite place to read?
On my couch. Magnificent place if I must say so myself.
6. Do you like to listen to music when you read?
That depends. I need to have noise of some kind when I read. The TV works but if I am home by myself I will listen to music.
7. If you could live in one world from a book, which would you choose and why?
Narnia, hands down. I love animals and for them to actually talk, that just makes it all better. Here's a map of my would be home:
8. Do you prefer first or third person Point of View? Why?
Third Person. First often throws me for a loop because I'm not used to it. I have a hard time placing myself in the hero's place because I read "I" or "Me" and I know they are not really my thoughts.
9. Why do you enjoy book blogging?
Well, I started earlier this year (yes, I know it is still January), and so far I like the interaction with other bloggers. Most people I know in person do not love books as much as I do so it is great to talk to them. (It's also fun to read how many views I have had, but don't tell any body).
10. Why do you enjoy reading?
I have enjoyed reading since I was around eight. My mom was one of those mothers that read to their kids. Now I know you are saying, "Go Mom!", but I hated it. For some reason I don't like it when people read to me, not even audio books. So I taught myself to read so that she would stop.
My first love was The Boxcar Children.
11. What is the best book you read in 2012?
I have no idea, but I would have to say The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1) I collect fossils. And cool ink pens. And glass dolphins...
2) I was home schooled until I was twelve. After that, I skipped the 7th grade.
3) I hate math, but for some reason I once had a teacher who thought I wanted to be a math teacher. Eww.
4) I have written one book and am currently writing two more. Here's the first two paragraphs of one:
Up on a hill outside the town of Vanor, Lan lay back in tall grass while watching clouds move by. In a low whisper, she named off the images they formed as the white puffs bunched together and then pulled apart. “A bunny, a ladle.”
A bird flew overhead, its blue plumage momentarily drawing Lan’s attention. She smiled when it landed in a nearby tree and spread out it’s tail to attract its hen a few branches below. Obliging, the hen cooed in affection. Soon the pair made their way to a mid-way bough and nestled together, rubbing heads.
5) The only real song that I know all the words to is "Amazing Grace".
6) I have another blog, Expanding Horizons.
7) My to-read pile is huge!
8) I am running out of facts.
9) I read Ted Dekker's Black when I was twelve. Anyone who has read that knows it is a challenge.
10) I have never read Twilight. I don't plan to either.
11) I like blue jeans. Actually, I like them so much it was the nick-name my mom gave me when I was little.
At the moment, only two. But I'll get there! If you have suggestions, let me know.
The 11 Questions for my Nominees:
1)What is your favorite fantasy realm? If you don't read fantasy, just say Narnia.
2)What book are you planning to read next? Have you read the author before?
3)When did you start blogging?
4)Do you drink coffee or tea?
5)What is your least favorite genre?
6)How many books on average do you read a week?
7)Do you have any hobbies other than reading?
8)Do like it when books become movies?
9)Did answering my questions take a while?
10)Do you review everything you read or only the books you like?
11)Where do you get most of your books? Bookstore, library, amazon....