Friday, July 19, 2013

Honor Redeemed- Loree Lough

Last month I signed up for Book Cover Bingo on one of my goodreads groups that began last Friday. The element called was 'dog' and I searched all over, though my TBR and recommended pile, for a book with a dog on the cover. At last, I found Honor Redeemed on my kindle. If you want to try the challenge, you can start with 'dog' and next week I will tell you the next element.


My Rating: 3 Stars

Description:Highly skilled Search and Rescue (SAR) team leader, Honor Mackenzie, works almost as hard at guarding the dark secrets of her past as she does when training SAR dogs. As for widowed Sun reporter Matt Phillips, not even his former SAR work is as important as protecting his ten-year-old twin boys. When a jumbo jet crashes outside Baltimore one cold night, their respective jobs put them face-to-face at the grisly scene--and force Matt and Honor to reconsider the difficult decisions that resulted in their long-standing "single forever" status. As Matt tries to come to terms with his feelings for Honor, he gets word that she hasn't reported in since starting the search for a missing child. Reverting to his SAR training, Matt leads the search team as a vicious winter storm bears down on the area. Will he find her in time? And if he does, will they find their way back to each other or go back to living life alone

My Thoughts: Ahhhhh! The ending of the books in this series break my heart. I am going to need time to recover...

What upsets me about this book is that there was little plot. Most everything that happened was only conversation. I understand that this book was more about working through the mental and emotional issues of being a first responder, but I wish there had been more responding. If there had been, I definitely would have rated it higher.

Lough has this way of making her characters real, like I could sit down and have coffee with them or bump into them at the grocery store. I liked that and it kept me reading even though I often wanted the characters to stop talking and do something.

Also, there was something (I wont tell you what) that was finally resolved from the first book. It was a nice turn of events. Still, I have yet to decide if I am going to read the next book. I might.

*New* Buy on Deeper Shopping, connected with TCBN.
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Barnes & Noble
Like my review on Goodreads
Like my review on Amazon
Like my review on Barnes & Noble

You might also enjoy books from Deeper Shopping's Contemporary fiction page.

No comments:

Post a Comment