Friday, July 5, 2013

The Cadet Tildor- Alex Lidell

My Rating: 3.5 Stars

Description: There is a new king on the throne of Tildor. Currents of political unrest sweep the country as two warring crime families seek power, angling to exploit the young Crown's inexperience. At the Academy of Tildor, the training ground for elite soldiers, Cadet Renee de Winter struggles to keep up with her male peers. But when her mentor, a notorious commander recalled from active duty to teach at the Academy, is kidnapped to fight in illegal gladiator games, Renee and her best friend Alec find themselves thrust into a world rife with crime, sorting through a maze of political intrigue, and struggling to resolve what they want, what is legal, and what is right.

My Thoughts:  When I first picked this up, I thought is was something else. I still enjoyed it, and would like to read the next (if there is one). It was a great adventure. So lets get into my thoughts about certain things.

The characters and I have a love hate relationship. Sometimes they were awesome and I could not get enough them, other times I wanted them to fall on their own swords. I would have to say that this was one reason I liked this book. The characters were not the typical ones that we always love and can find no true faults in. The theme of the novel is that the world is not so black and white, and they demonstrated this perfectly.

The setting what I really had a problem with. It was a fantasy world with mafias. Through out the book, I could not decide if I liked this or not. I still haven't.

Let's just say that my thoughts are not black and white on this book.

Note: There is some crude language that readers may not like. No cussing (well, real cussing), but it is definitely crude toward the end.

Buy on Amazon
Like my review on Goodreads
Like my review on Amazon

1 comment:

  1. I'd heard of this book, but didn't bother picking it up because it sounded faintly like a mix of books I'd read before. But maybe I'll give it a try someday....

    ReplyDelete