Friday, October 18, 2013

The Miner's Lady- Tracie Peterson

17384511My Rating: 4 Stars

Description:When Chantel Panetta's younger sister claims to be in love with Orlando Vittorio, Chantel knows there is no hope. The Panettas and Vittorios have been sworn enemies for decades, and young love cannot heal the deep wounds between the two iron-mining families. Yet, unable to resist Isabella's pleas, Chantel agrees to help her sister spend time with Orlando...only to have a run-in with Dante, Orlando's brother. The older, more handsome one. 

Chantel can't deny the attraction that flares when she's with Dante. But when a tragedy occurs at the mine, is there any hope that the hatred that has simmered between these two families might be resolved? Or will Chantel's hope for love be buried amidst decades of misunderstanding?


My Thoughts: After a string of terrible reads, this book came as a relief. It was truly enjoy able. I loved the characters and their interactions. Dante was a great hero and his struggle between family and forgiveness was believable. As was Chantel's.

 The only thing that I would have liked better would have been to know more of Marco's story. His subplot seemed to end abruptly without anything leading up to it. And it had been a few chapters since the last time the story was in his POV when it ended.

I have not read anything my Tracie in years, but I plan to ratify that mistake. Since I just learned this was the third in the series, I will have to read the first two.

No comments:

Post a Comment