Friday, April 26, 2013

The Guardian Duke- Jamie Carie

My Rating: 3.5 Stars

Description: The Guardian Duke is award-winning novelist Jamie Carie’s most exciting story yet, a uniquely arranged Regency-era romantic adventure where hero and heroine know each other through written letters but have yet to meet.

Gabriel, the Duke of St. Easton, is ordered by the King to take guardianship over Lady Alexandria Featherstone whose parents are presumed dead after failing to return from a high profile treasure hunt. But Alexandria ignores this royal reassignment, believing her parents are still alive and duly following clues that may lead to their whereabouts. Gabriel, pressured by what are actually the King’s ulterior motives, pursues her across windswept England and the rolling green hills of Ireland but is always one step behind.
When they do meet, the search for earthly treasure will pale in comparison to what God has planned for both of them.


My Thoughts: I truly enjoyed this book. It was funny and Gabriel was pretty awesome. The writing kept me interested till the end and even then I wanted the story to continue. Still, I could not give it a full four stars.

Through out the entire story, I was left with no concept of time. It seemed that Alex traveled places in a day that took Gabriel a week to do the same. I also could not decide if I liked Alex or not. She lied to everyone and seemed to feel little about it even though she told Gabriel she was not proud of it. She would also write letters to Gabriel (Which we saw in his POV) that spoke of things that she never thought when we were in her POV. By the end I wanted Gabriel to give up on her, yet liked him all the more because he didn't.

I liked it enough that I will be reading the next book, at least (I have to know what happens!!).


Buy on Amazon
Like my review on Goodreads
Like my review on Amazon
Like my review on Barnes & Noble

1 comment:

  1. This looks like an interesting book. Thanks for your thoughts!

    BTW-I have 7 giveaways going on at my site if you want to stop over and take a look. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Diane :o)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete